is it worth going diaper ---> pull-ups

is it worth going diaper ---> pull-ups
or straight from diaper ---> underwear?

which one is most effective?
why?

MissLisa7657

Asked by MissLisa7657 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son is potty trained, and the only time he wears a pull up is when we go on a long car ride, like longer than and hour and a half
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• pull ups are rather pricey..but underwear is rather messy...guess it just depends on what you have the patience for!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I found it more effective to go from diaper to undies....they can tell a difference. Whereas i you use a diaper and then a pull up it feels so similar to a diaper they have no clue they are wetting. But yeah once my son felt the pee pee run down his leg in his undies....he did not like it one bit and realized he had to start running to the potty lol. -Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 9:27 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• We went from diapers to panties (I have a girl) because they cannot tell the difference between pull-ups and diapers.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 9:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i went from diaper to cool alert pull ups and then to undies....i didnt like cleaning poop out of undies ...wich doesnt make since...b/c now im a cna...lol
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• The first time I used a pull up on my daughter and told her, "Let's go potty. You have your big girl underwear on now." She looked at me and said,"I don't need to go to potty mommy, I got diaper on."She thought the pull ups were diapers and there was no need to stop playing to go potty!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 1:27 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My kids went naked on the bottom while at home and potty training and cloth training pants in public (we cloth diaper too). Once they seemed to be getting the hang of it we did undies at home with training pants in public. It is really your preference and sometimes your childs. My nephew hates having anything except underwear on since they started training which means my SIL has a lot of dirty pants and underwear to wash.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2009