how to keep my toddler in bed?

baby2inthemakin

Asked by baby2inthemakin at 9:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It took my son awhile. We put a gate up at the door and for a couple of weeks he fell asleep at the gate and then we put him in his bed. Now he falls asleep in his bed. I guess he learned it was more comfortable then the floor.
    Anonymous

• i would continue to keep my little guy in the baby bed if necessary. :) I know sometimes they seem a little large, but if it keeps him safe, its not such a bad idea. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• thanks for that. His door doesnt shut probably as the earth movement means it would shut so i can close it enough for him to open..so i think if i get hubby to fix the door so it shuts probably then we shouldnt have too much of a problem as he'll hve a cry and fall asleep but he always goes to his bed to fall asleep which is good.
    We have baby #2 due in 3 mnths so it was sumthing id read and been told to do before baby arrives so he doesnt assoicate the cot and baby and get jealous or angry. And to be honest id rather deal with this all now then when iv got a screaming baby.
    He still has a Safe T Sleep at night but during the day he doesnt use it. so night times are find and he sleeps all night now :) but we are wanting to get him out of the safe t sleep before baby arrives but first i have to kiddy proof the house so if he wakes and gets out of bed in the middle of the night he cnt get out.
    baby2inthemakin

Answer by baby2inthemakin at 1:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2009