birth control now or wait...

k so im supposed to start my birth control today but my boyfriend and i messed around yesterday with out any protection. i just got off my period on saturday night. should i start my birth control tonight or wait till next month??

Chaney08

Asked by Chaney08 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you don't want to get pregnant, start your birth control. If you are starting your pill on the right day, it means you started your period in the last six days and so you are not fertile yet.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 9:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• If you plan on messing around again anyways then take it ... the chance of you being pregnant is slim... if you start it and you are pregnant it shouldn't hurt it that much.. i was on birth control weeks into my pregnancy and i have a healthy five month old daughter... but you will know if your pregnant when your taking them.. you'll feel so sick and get a lot of cramping with no blood.. and if thats the case you need to stop them right away and get a blood test... because of the bc my pee pregnancy test wasn't positive until 7 weeks
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009