How do you keep bunnies out of your garden?

I'm pretty sure its bunnies that are chomping on my lireope and different plants in my yard. Tonight when I was watering them they had little bite marks all over the leaves. I see one every night when I'm watering.

How do I make them stop?

mrstremblay

Asked by mrstremblay at 9:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Try mixing some hot sauce and water in a bottle and spray the plants. You'll have to re-spray after a hard rain, but see if this works. I'm having trouble with deer coming into my front yard and gnawing off the tops of my tomato plants.

I'm thinking about asking the hubs if he'll piddle around the yard!! LOL

Actually i'm thinking about hanging a few small bells on the tom. cages. Deer, like rabbits are very scared of everything!
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:10 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• go to lowes/home depot and get a product called 'deer off' (something like that). it will work for deer, rabbits, raccoons, etc. its stinky! try to not use it so much that you soak your plants; it will burn the blooms and new greens. its worked for me...but i used too much and had to nurse my bedding plants back to health. you could also plant stinky plants, too, like marigolds. rabbits don't like them.
    you could try fox/wolf urine also. maybe the coop has it. i was told lowes carried it, but they didn't.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• also, i didn't do it, but i've had people over the years come to the salon and collect hair in boxes..they toss it around their gardens to keep rodents/animals away. apparently, the human sent is what keeps they away.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 1:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Have hubby pee around the garden. Sounds weird I know, but the pheromones in human urine tend to keep most animals at bay. Also you can plant Marigolds along the outer edges of your garden. The plus to Marigolds is that they will also keep insects away. Many garden shops sell stuff to keep animals away, usually it's just bottled dog pee or something similar.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 7:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I have to give a big LOL on having the hubs pee on the garden! He's too modest for that! LOL
    mrstremblay

Answer by mrstremblay at 5:07 PM on Jun. 10, 2009