What do I need for the hospital?

I'm 32 weeks prego and with my first child i was not prepared for my hospital stay,so this time I want to be so can u guys help me and tell me what I will need? u can make it like a checklist

hotmamma09

Asked by hotmamma09 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just bring pajamas and your undergarments. I never really needed all that i had, but i also had a going home outfit so I could take pics of me and my newborn as we were leaving . This is always a fun time. Don't stress much. Take an outfit to bring the baby home in if you want to take pics as you are leaving and maybe a few things for the hospital, but it is not required and certainly not necessary....They take care of the baby in the hospital.
    Anonymous

• i brought PJs a big commfy outfit to go home in a robe slippers shoes hair care stuff, body soap tooth brush hair brush Ipod DVDS a book
    babys first outfit and an extra outfit in a size bigger car seat in the car digital camra video recorder a pillow some snacks
    the hosptial provided a diaper bag with a bottle some diapers a nose sucky a hat some socks a shirt some formula and a binky
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• OHHH PADS!!
    the ones they give you SUCKKK!
    judith_visco

• pair of clothes
    undies and personal items
    night gown and house coat
    house shoes and shoes to ware home
    babies clothes to wear home and blanket ect.
    be sure car seat is already in car
    leave your bag or suit case close to the door or like i did i the trunk of my car.
    Anonymous

• I was the same way with my first and this is what i took when i had my second
    nightgown
    socks and slippers
    outfit to wear home
    underwear
    nursing bra and nursing pads
    regular pads (they give you some but they do suck)
    camera and extra batteries
    car seat
    outfit for baby
    makeup
    hairbrush
    shampoo/conditioner
    toothbrush and toothpaste
    pillow (if you want your own)
    i packed a minicooler with snacks and drinks for after the baby was born, it was a life saver since they didn't feed me right after.
    I think that's about all but i will tell you if i think of anything else.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 10:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I think these list are kind of long. I would not bring any pj's or undies cause you bleed a lot and why ruin your stuff. They give you a gown and will provide blankets. They also give you net boy shorts and I liked them cause they are disposable. And you dont have to wash them if you bleed through. The nurses are usually extra nice and pamper you so they will load you up with all this extra stuff to take home and you might as well use it since they will bill your insurance like crazy. So I would just worry about an outfit to go home and a bag of tolietries for you to wash up. The rest of stuff should be a diaper bag, clothes for baby, anything to entertain you or your hubby while your in labor, camera, batteries, video camera, and a car seat. Keep it simple as possible. There always ends up being a lot carry out with gifts. All you will care about is the baby anyways. No need to drag a lot of junk with you.
    KGCMOM2006

Answer by KGCMOM2006 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• There are some great suggestions above.. as for undies, I wish I had taken some that fit a little tighter. The huge pads they gave me for the bleeding would have been held in place better. Bring your own soap and shampoo because they stuff they give you is crap.

The one thing I really wish I'd had was a night light. My newborn didn't like the room dark at night, but I couldn't get any sleep with the lights on. I think a night light (or even a small lamp) would have been good for both of us!
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 1:36 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• you need a hair dryer, I took old pj's that I didn't care if I got blood on, an outfit for me and the baby, tell your SO to bring clean clothes too we forgot dh's, carseat, diapers in case (the provide them but my dd was allergic to them), binky if your using one, magazines to read, camera, cell phone to call everyone to let them know the baby was born, pads, a hair holder, good supportive bra, your own panties, hair brush, shampoo and condtioner, body wash, a sleeper for baby, blankets incase it rains, slippers, robe, if your hospital is like mine a towel or 2 (my towels were fraking tiny a little bigger then a hand towel), Your insurance card and any hospital paperwork you need.
    a toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant, Massage oils or lotions, music, an extra pillow, whatever you need to help you relax. (If you do bring your own pillow, be sure to use a patterned or colorful pillowcase so it doesn't get mixed up
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:51 PM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Baby nail clippers or emery board or the mittens, socks for her little feet,
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:53 PM on Jun. 10, 2009