Is lack of sex a valid reason for divorce?

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it's a need, and if the spouse is not fulfilling the needs of the other, and has no intentions of trying to do so, then I would, yes. But like I said that's oly if you've sat down and discuss the issue and the other spouse has no desire to meet the need, and no desire to fix the relationship. -Sincerely Cyndi "D
    SuperbowlBoys

Answer by SuperbowlBoys at 9:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Sex is really important to a marriage and if it's lacking that could be a sign of intimacy issues or something else that runs deeper. I would say marriage counseling should be in order first and if nothing can be resolved, than yes...it would be a valid reason for divorce. It's not fair for someone who loves sex to go without it for the rest of her/his life.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• its very important to me, it helps me feel loved, and sexy and like my DH wants me.
    i would talk to him to try and figure out why he wont maybe see a sex theripist, if he was unwilling than I would have to consider it, sex is to important to me, and if there is NONE and he wont even try or give a valid reason I would leave.
    my EX hubby stopped having sex with me, turns out he was cheating on me and fell in love with this woman, and he actually felt like he was cheating on HER to sleep with me.
    Im now alone, and he is happily married!
    good for him though, at least he was honest with me.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, but sex is NOT a need. Its a want. A want to feel closer to you spouse, to feel loved and wanted. You do not need sex to have a full and happy marriage. But it is nice to have. I would talk about this to your partner and go from there.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Now don't get upset with me...but in my opinion I would say YES. (Aside from a valid medical reason that keeps someone from having sex). I don't really believe in divorce unless it is absolutely unavoidable...as in, somebody is in danger physically or emotionally. So if it was the case of me not wanting sex or vice versa... I'd probably stick around and try and solve it. The problem is, men are wired to want sex. It is not because they are pigs like previously suspected. (although sometimes I wonder anyway...hee hee). Sex makes them feel loved in the same way that being listened to makes women feel loved. If you reject their sexual advances often enough, they feel as though you are also rejecting them as a partner. Although I don't condone cheating because it is never the right way to handle things, lack of sex for either party leads to infidelity. Which leads to divorce. Etc...
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 9:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Man anon. I'm sorry that happend to you. That had to hurt bad.

its very important to me, it helps me feel loved, and sexy and like my DH wants me.
    good for him though, at least he was honest with me
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• 7142293444 green nissan maxima
    Anonymous

• Im honestly happy he is happy now- so it didnt really hurt.
    I loved him enough to want him to be happy.
    Anonymous

• My parents didn't have sex for 14 years. My father had a medical issue and refused to go to the dr about it. It caused resentment in my mother. It hurt her emotionally. She felt like his embarrassment was more important than her feelings and needs. She considered divorce but felt that he married her when she was a single mom of five. He raised her kids and she owed it to him to stay. But it was very difficult for her. They did not have a happy marriage at all after they quit having sex.
    I think in that case where something could be done to fix the problem and one partner refuses then that is grounds for divorce.They have since gotten back on the sex wagon and are happier than they have been in years. He finally went to the dr and found out what the medical issue is. Eeeww! I really never wanted to know any of this but my mother needed someone to talk to about it. Somehow out of her five kids I got to be the "lucky" one. YUCK!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• In Iowa, if you have been married a year and haven't concemated the relationship (Had sex) it's a reason to get an annulment! No more marriage without the legal pains!
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 10:33 PM on Jun. 8, 2009