Anyone still giving there one yr old formula

and if you are what are your thoughts about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm not but I say it's not needed. It's just another way for these companies to keep the money coming in. Regular milk is good now.

Anonymous

• depends on how old your baby is. I had my son on whole milk by the time he was one year....don't hold that baby back, they need whole milk....give them some, start cutting it so they get used to it....
    Anonymous

• My daughter is a little over one year, and yes she is still getting formula BUT it is only because it is what we had left over. The day her formula is gone (only 1/2 of a small can left now) is the day her bottle goes in the trash.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Humans are the only living beings that continue milk in the diet after the lactation period. Oddly enough. If your child is getting a good complete diet, milk isn't needed at all. Matter of fact, dairy inhibits the absorption of iron so always keep dairy to a minimum with little guys.

Infants of course thrive on milk, which breast is prefect, and formula is nearly so nowadays. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I am just because I'm trying to get rid of what we have leftover.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I still give my 13 month old a couple ounces of formula each day, but only because we're trying to use it all up.
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My DD was on formula until she was 16 mo but that was b/c she had a reaction to milk when we tried at one year. She is now on Skim Milk and its working great for her. I think one year olds should be on milk b/c of the benefits that milk has to help them grow but I am not exactly certain of the details of these benefits.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• The day my daughter turned one, I quit giving her formula and put her straight onto milk. Not only that, but I also opted to put her milk into a sippy cup rather than a bottle. That way I could get her off both at the same time.
    maggiesmom415

Answer by maggiesmom415 at 10:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2009