• In the Spotlight:

English Bulldog Puppies?

I am curious as to whether anyone has recieved a email lately from a lady looking to place two bulldog puppies into a good home? I was looking a few months back and a few days ago, I received a email from a lady that said her grandmother passed away and she was wanting to place the puppies in a good home. I replied and she is saying that she will sell the pups for $300 each and that includes the shipping. And that I could western union her the money and give her my name, address, phone number, and nearest airport. Her name is Tonya Ramirez and she didn't send me a contact number to reach her. I would like to get a pup, but am not cool on getting scamed out of $300 bucks. What do you all think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Honey its a scam and its a common one . Ive gotten emails like that before . And if they are asking 300.00 for an english bulldog puppy then theres something wrong cause the cheapest one (from a good bloodline) isnt under $ 800.00. So i wouldnt feed into that bullshit with a wooden spoon . Try shelters if you are wanting one so bad. BUT DO YOUR Homework. They have a 0 tolerance too heat and can have a lot of upper respritory issues at times. As for those emails trash them as spam.
    Good Luck too you.
    Harley_Emmie

Answer by Harley_Emmie at 10:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I wouldnt even think about sending that money- sounds like a scam, not to mention sending a live animal is MUCH more expensive!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It's a scam. Everything these days is a scam I swear! I emailed someone about looking at a house for rent last month, and they emailed me and said they would send me the keys from Nigeria(where they were supposedly transferred) after I wired them the $700.00 security deposit..lol.
    StifflersMom82

Answer by StifflersMom82 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• wow.. 300 is really cheap for an english bulldog pup. i can see why you wouldn't want to pass it up if it was legit, but i wouldnt do it unless you could make arrangements to do it in person. maybe pay an extra 100-200 to have them deliver it personally or if you could pick it up yourself & pay upon the reception of the puppy. if they say yes, then it's legit and go for it in person, but if they dont sound very receptive of the idea, it's a scam.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It's a scam...don't ever have contact with this person again! Just google "puppy scam" and you'll get a zillion results...below link is just one example.

http://blog.cleveland.com/business/2008/10/puppyforsale_scam_preys_on_vic.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2009