If you use them, how do you mix Playtex Drop Ins?

I've been wanting to try these (or the Avent drop ins) but am wondering how I can accurately measure 6 oz and then be able to add the formula and shake/mix it well? Do you measure and mix in a separate bottle or container then pour it into the drop in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• After you put the water in at eye level for ounces add the formula...then hold the nipple down and to the side and shake it....after its mixed well put your fingers under the bottle inside the hole in the bottom and push all the air out .......until the milk begins to squirt out of the nipple. Then its all ready for baby
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 3:56 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• you put the water in the drop in at the right level, then put the amount of formula in , and shake. its not to hard. sometimes it does take a little longer for the formula to drop into the water so you can put the top on, but its just like a normal bottle.
    Anonymous

• Put it in another container or another bottle to measure and DO NOT SHAKE IT. It's pointless to use the drop in system to get rid of air bubbles if you shake it. You stir it.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Somebody gave me some and I worried about that too. So I would use a separate bottle then pour it in. I hated them! We used avent but not drop ins.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• when i did use the dropins, I used a seperate bottle to measure water. I dont like them cause you end up spending a lot of money on the dropins. I think I was spending like 5.99 a week on a box of dropins and that adds up.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I LOVE these! But yeah I have a few formula mixing containers and I make the formula for the day and keep it in the fridge when I need it I just pour it into the bottle with the dropin liner. And then I make a second batch at night for the evening feedings. Just make sure you will use it up within 24 hrs cause it could go bad.

I used to use regular bottle on my first and it was a definite pain. This is way easier to clean. The only bad side is be carefull when you push the air out. You need to push up directly not push in the side cause the milk has spilled out on me before while pushing the air out the wrong way. It is not fun when you have a hungry baby and you are in the car.
    KGCMOM2006

Answer by KGCMOM2006 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2009