Would you give your spouse a second chance if he cheated on you?

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I have.

And I'm not sure I would do it again...its kinda a one time deal. So far, 3 years later, we're still going strong, and it is never brought up.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i honestly don't think I could but it's one of those things you never know for sure until you are in the situation.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• NEVER!For me even if we were successful in counseling and really making an effort I think that the ugly truth of infidelity would always be there even if it isnt talked about. Once you lose the trust you there isnt much to build on, it doesnt seem real to me. I feel if take a cheater back you're basically telling them their behavior is acceptable.
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• NO.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• In the past I would have (previous relationships) but not now. I know he left his first wife while she was pregnat because she cheated on him. That tells me he wouldn't tollerate it from me so I shouldn't from him.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• yes i would. i have cheated on my hubby twice. And he for gave me both times. but this last time i realzed that he is the love of my life. and i fell horrible for doing it. and yes i no i should fell like that. now we are the happest we ever been
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 10:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• It would depend on the circumstances. More likely than not my answer would be no. I treat my hubby well and would have a hard time accepting and forgiving and I wouldn't want him to stay if I could not let go of what happened.
    nateandlo

Answer by nateandlo at 10:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I would especially if there are children involved. I guess I am kind of old fashioned. If you can forgive and make it all work... GREAT! If not and it is an unhealthy situation... MOVE ON! It is not good to stay married just for the children if it is an unhealthy situation. But a child is all the more reason to give it another try. Good luck!
    KGCMOM2006

Answer by KGCMOM2006 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My husband cheated on me the week before our wedding and i forgave him. Then recently he started cheating on me with our babysitter/my best friend. Surprisingly I forgave them both even though I know its still going on. If it were someone else that he were cheating on me with...I dont think I would.
    Anonymous

• No. If my husband would cheat on me with some skank he is not worthy of me and does not deserve me. He would find the locks changed and accounts drained.
    Anonymous