• In the Spotlight:

next ultrasound appt?

im 26 weeks and i havent had an ultrasound since we found out its a boy and that was 18-19 weeks.... my so is in the military and only got to see him once when finding the sex.. i go next monday to get the results for the glucose test... just wondering when do i get another ultrasound done usually... or around what week?? i only have like 13 weeks and 6 days to go so i was just wondering....

rainylittlebug

Asked by rainylittlebug at 10:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You usually only get one unless they think something is wrong with the baby.
    Anonymous

• most people only get one ultra sound, sometimes they will do two to check the babies growth.
    insurance companies dont pay for uneeded U.S
    maybe you'll get lucky!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• it just depends on the dr and the patient. sometimes it's twice a few months apart other times no u/s unless there's a problem. ask your ob. congratulations!!!
    Anonymous

• oh i thought they did one more before the baby's born... well if thats the case then that sucks!!! lol... i wanted one more pic to put in the scrap book too.. plus i love seeing how much he's grown since the first little blob pic
    rainylittlebug

Answer by rainylittlebug at 10:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• well to be honest I got a second ultra sound today, and it wasnt as fun- the baby is SO much bigger now 30 weeks that it didnt look like a baby as much as it looked like a big ball of bones.
    I was like "wow, you would think this looks MORE like a baby than the last time"
    the ultra sound tech was like "no, there too big to get a good pic and scrunched up" I had to beg her for pics, and it really dont look like a baby anymore. I was kind of sad.
    though I did get to see him playing with his winkey and sucking his tumb! LOL
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 10:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I was told that most places don't give another ultra sound unless you are high risk, or if they think something is wrong. The last one I had was in my like 21st week, and that was when we found out the sex, and I am due Saturday.

Another lady who was pregnant the same time I was, was a little older, so she was more high risk..therefore she got more ultra sounds and such.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I got 1 at 12wks and at 20wks you dont get anymore unless there is something wrong with the baby or you pay to do a 3d one
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 10:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I only had 2 u/s ... one at 9 weeks to establish if there is a baby, and the second one at 20 weeks to do the measurements.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 11:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2009