zyrtec for kids

My son has to take it, but i don't think its working. his eyes are still super puffy if he goes outside.
he's been on it for a week now. Hes not 6 yet, so i can't give him benadryl.

poor guy, his face is just red and puffy. Any suggestions to help him? Anyone else's kids have to take it? How long before it starts to really work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Health

• It should work pretty quickly. My son and I both take the Zyrtec D. Have him "wash" his eyes with a cool washcloth when he comes inside. Keep track of pollen levels and when they are high, don't keep him outside. Have him take a bath before bed and change clothes if he has been outside for a long time. Also, if it is mainly his eyes, ask about allergy eye drops.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I have link for health care. They are provide good service.If you want then give me reply..
    thehcmgorg

Answer by thehcmgorg at 6:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• We don't have any dairy in the house during spring and fall allergy seasons; it really contributes to mucus production.
    Some people with seasonal allergies are really helped by having a spoonful of local honey everyday; you should be able to find this at a farmers market.
    Similisan (homeopathic) allergy eyedrops will really help; you should be able to find them at Target.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2009