I'm actually very curious about this, don't bash, or tell me it's insensitive, or anything just answer- and yes- i'm posting anonymous- i'm not ashamed, just don't want anyone to PM me.

Actually, this might be too controversial, i hope not. I'm giving it a shot.

Why is it that people have such hate of Jewish people? I'm Jewish, and it never made sense to me. We all have eyes, a nose, a mouth, ears, and beating heart. Our faith is different. So, whoever believes that all Jews are going to Hell, why do you think that? Just becasue we don't have faith in Jesus determines our fate? Can you se how ridiculous that COULD sound? It's like, "You don't eat at Wendy's, your going to jail." Can't our faiths get along? I mean, they do... most of the time. Why, just because of our faith, are we so different from you? Do we have horns? No. Please reply anonymously.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well I believe the Jews are Gods chosen people and history lends some credence to that.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'm not jewish and I don't understand it either. Growing up I didn't realize it was even a problem...when I got older, I just couldn't wrap my mind around it...
    It may be faith based but there are many other faiths out there that have many differences....Sorry, I'm no help..I just don't understand! LOL
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I am Catholic and historically "we" don't get along. However, I am a strong supporter of Israel and I know MANY other Catholics that are.

I think some of the problems are because it was the Jewish Priests that demanded Pilate's exececution of Jesus. Therefore, blame. Personally, I have a hard time blaming the people of today for the decisions of those in the past. Blaming YOU personally is just as silly as an African American blaming ME personally (I have DEEP southern roots) for the slavery of their ancestors.

I do believe though that no matter what I might think or how others might feel, it is God's will. There are many scriptures to support this, just as there is scripture to support Jews as the chosen...Jesus was a Jew you know.

My prayers are with you and your people....especially since our new president seems determined to throw you to the wolves.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'm so glad my parents took the time to tech me,never to hate anyone.
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 10:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Well Pope John Paul did a tremendous amount of stuff for the Jews when Germany occupied Pland and he did make a formal apology. Have you ever watched the movie Edges of The Lord? very good moovie and based on a true story. I highly recommend it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Maybe because it is so foreign to Christians. Just like they don't understand Pagans, Muslims, Catholics, Hindus, Buddhists...etc.
    I think most of the hate stems from fear of the unknown. I personally have never known anybody that was a practicing Jew.
    I am felling less and less like a Christian, not because I don't believe in Christ, but because I do not believe in "Christians". I am sick of the hate speech that spews from them in the name of their God.
    I have no dislike or hatred for other faiths. I do not even think my own faith is the "ONE". I think people need to find where they are happiest and feel most fulfilled.
    Anonymous

• I'm a jew too and never got it either. I've heard it's because "we killed Jesus", which is bull anyway because the Romans killed Jesus. a Jew just backstabbed him, leading to his death. So why don't they hate Romans instead?LOL Anyway, I always figured that anyone who hates me for being a jew is an idiot that I would never want to know anyway.
    Anonymous

• Well, explain this one to me....

I was over a my neighbors house, they are Jewish. We were talking about summer camps for our kids. My son's Christian school has a free camp open to the public, with music, arts & crafts, games, water play, field trips, etc... Their kids are going to many different summer camps and their dad was complaining about the costs of them. I told them about my son's school programs, which is within walking distance from both of our homes. I told them "why not try it for free?" Their mom's response, "yeah right, then they'll be coming home singing about Jesus and stuff." I said, "well it is open to the public for all ages, so I don't think it'll be too religious or the kids will be too worried about that."

Turning down a FREE camp at a highly reputable school for what???!!!??? (only school around that was given 5 stars in the county!!!)
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 10:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• So how do you feel about the Million Man March and Million Youth March? do you know that it was organized by leaders who promote conspiracy theories about Jewish foreknowledge of the September 11 terrorist attacks. Funny how these men are tied to YOUR President...yet ALL of my Jewish friends voted for Obama.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:00 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• anon Catholics are Christians they are the original Christian religion. And the hate speech seems just as bad if not worse from the anti christians. I try not to say a hatred for any of them because the first amendment gives us the right to believe what we want until it gets to extremism and most Christians are not what I would call extremeists although a few are.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2009