• In the Spotlight:

Lonely...

Im a stay at home mom...also a single parent. I thankfully have an AMAZING father that is letting me and my daughter live with him for the first year of her life...So I am very thankfull. But I have never been so lonely in my whole life. I have friends...but alot of them dont want to hang out because I have my daughter. I just doing know what to do any more. Any idea's!?!?

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 10:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Look into joining a moms club also look on here for moms in your area and have playdates at the park.
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i lost most of my friends (my close friends live far away) and was also very lonely at first. once my son was a little more active I began going to library playgroups. my son mingled with babies his age and i met a few cool moms close to my age and we had a lot in common. I even invited a mom and her son to my sons 1st bday party, she invited me to her sons party the next month, and we have plans to hang out tomorrow! it's a slow start, but i'm satisfied. losing my old friends really showed me who my true friends are!
    Anonymous

• ya i dunno what to tell ya, im a single mom of a 5 yr old, and have been living wth my parents since i got pregnant, and all my friends have disappeared too..some moved away..some just completely stopped, then i moved about 45 minutes away..so..yaa im lonely too!! i thought putting my daughter in preschool would help with my social life, but shes been in it for 2 years now..and not once have i ever had a playdate with any of the kids there..none of the moms like me because im a young/single mom..well..im not that young, im 26..but, theyre all 10+years older than me, and all married and snobby..so..yaaaaaaa it sucks...but seeing as your daughter is still little, i would join a mommy and me group..i wish i had done that!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2009