On my own now and not sure how to handle the stress...

I'm 8 weeks pregnant. My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 3 years. We decided together to have a baby and like most men, he made promises of taking care of me and our child. Now, here I am 8 weeks along and he literally walked out with all of his things today. I realize that obviously he is not the man for me because no decent man would leave under these circumstances. But I don't know how to handle the stress of the situation. I do not in any way want to jeopardize my baby's health. Oh, and the kicker is that the doctor believes that I am having twins...I find out for sure on Wednesday. Does anyone have any suggestions on handling this stress???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Surround yourself with people who love you, and lean on them for support. You might also start looking into attorneys to get your child support figured out. What an awful thing.. I'm so sorry. Your little one(s) will be fine as long as you take good care of yourself. A good cry isn't going to do any harm, but make sure that you're eating well and try to get outside for a walk now and then.

There are a lot of great women on this board who are here to support you. Don't be a stranger!
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• you decided together to get pregnant && then he just walked out on you?? Why didn't you guys decide to get married first?? anyway, the best thing you can do is try not to dwell on it. find things to keep your mind pre-occupied: go to work, hang out with friends, read a book, etc. I'm sorry you're having to go through this.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Well, regarding marriage...we are both in our 30's and have both been married and honestly chose not to go there again. He did walk out after we decided together to do this. I'm just concerned about the baby at this point and am trying so hard not to let this break me...
    Anonymous

• oh ok, well like I said before, just try to keep your mind off of it as much as possible. Try to think positively && optimistically, as long as you keep the stress to a minimum then the baby (or babies lol) should be fine.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2009