Why do so many of you jump to conclusions when reading a question, when the poster does not state their personal opinion?

I am so curious about this because it has happened to me more than once. I sometimes just ask a question and do not state my opinion, but so many moms just assume my answer from the way I worded my question. This is unfair to me, if you question the original posters beliefs why not ask instead of assuming? When you assume things, you make an ass of u and me! Can't we all be objective? Suppose not, that's why I receive so many ignorant answers. We reject what we do not understand!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 10:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Maybe cuz the poster's opinion means nothing at all to the answerer? Sometimes it seems the one who answers your question thinks they have the one and only right answer. Sorry to disappoint those that may think they know it all, but sometimes you're wrong...Sorry to drag you into my answer to this question sadira29, but you make a great point. People are so quick to jump to conclusions nowadays! Personally, I think that is one of the many problems with the world today. Just cuz you may be curious about something or other shouldn't make people that know nothing at all about you judge you. We are born learning from day one, and personally I think we never stop learning...Sorry if what I am wanting to know may offend you, but at least I'm curious and not afraid to ask questions and expand my knowledge of everything that may interest me. We have large brains for a reason don't we?
    rune2319

Answer by rune2319 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• oh I'm the complete opposite. I don't post my opinion usualy cause I already know what I'm doing but I ask what others do to see how many handle things like I do.
    Anonymous

• I guess it depends on the way the question is asked. Like if you asked stated the question "My son is circumsized, is yours" Well then I would think your opinon was you believe in circumcision. I try not to jump to conclusions though. I'm sorry other people did when you asked a question.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• To sadira29( i like the name sadira for a female BTW, is that your name or daughters name?) I am referring to questions worded like "Is your son circumsized?".
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'm not sure why some people do that. I try to just answer the question with facts && how I would handle the situation. I always say, personally or in my opinion. I really try not to assume anything. If I'm wondering something or don't quite understand the question, I will ask questions before I even try to respond to the poster's question.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Thank you rune2319, excellent and thoughtful answer!!!!! I agree totally, but it is not fair to assume my opinion without asking me to clarify it at least.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:14 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I crave knowledge of all types, that is why I am here on CM. TO LEARN!!!!! To learn possible better ways to raise my child or alternatives to my beliefs that may work with my child or myself.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I think some people are just defensive by nature. Maybe they had a bad day at home/work and then log on and let their emotions take over. I definately have been known to share my point of view but I try not to put down the opinions of others.

That's why I'm on here too, to learn. Seems like I learn something new everyday. Even if it isn't directly from someone. Sometimes someone asks a question about a subject I don't know so I'll research the topic. My dh thinks I'm crazy for reading law and medical books for fun, lol.

As for the name. I got it out of a book I read over a decade ago. I liked it so much I still use it. I thought about using it for dd but dh wouldn't go for it.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• The average person is an idiot. It's true, it's not like you're getting a bunch of Harvard grads on here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2009