HOW CAN I HELP MY SON NOT THROW UP SO MUCH?

IT SEEMS THAT WHEN I FEED MY EIGHT MONTH OLD SON FORMULA AFTER HIS BABY FOOD HE THROWS UP. I DIDN'T FEED HIM FORMULA FOR LUNCH TO SEE IF IT WAS THE MILK, AND SURE ENOUGH HE DIDN'T THROW UP. IS IT THAT I AM OVER FEEDING HIM OR IS IT THAT HE IS NOT TAKING WELL TO THE MILK. HAS ANY ONE EVER HAD THIS PROBLEM AND WHAT DID YOU DO

js3mommy

Asked by js3mommy at 10:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was feeding and then nursing (same sort of thing...) and sure enough he would throw up. He did this like projectile vomiting thing. I felt so terrible. My family told me I was over-feeding and I believe it to be true :)

Try and bottle and then feed to give him a taste... and depending on the age; give less formula and more food as he gets older. I would ask your doc the amount of formula. If you are giving vitamin/iron enriched foods; it would be okay to do like 4 oz feedings at a time :) Gerber recomends that.... you have to feed often and snack more as they get older too... So maybe try and feed him on demand until you get used to the amount he is to eat.

How old is he?
    laurenregister

Answer by laurenregister at 10:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• O... sorry... saw he was 8 months old. Mine is just about 7 and did the same thing when he was younger up until a bit ago when I realized what it was and resolved it.

He could also have a food alergy. Keep track of what you are feeding him and try different things/formula if your doc says to :)

Take care!!
    laurenregister

Answer by laurenregister at 10:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• it could be reflex... talked to his DR about it you can put some rice cereal in his milk to make it thinker

enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 11:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• When you feed him baby food only give him 2-3 oz of formula that should make him stop throwing up.the baby food is thicker so his tummy has to get used to going from something not as thick and then adding formula makes it overful.Just give him a little less thats all.Your doing great.Good Luck!
    ~krazymomma427
    krazymomma427

Answer by krazymomma427 at 12:36 PM on Jun. 9, 2009