I found some gray hair in my almost 4 year old. Should I worry?

why he have them?, any idea why ????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Kids' Health

• LOL!! That is kind of funny! You sure it's not just bleached from the sun? IDK, i have had grays since I was 16 and people think that's odd.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• stress is a major factor
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• maybe it's dog or cat fur? If their looks of their faces structurally and bodies, vision seems good I wouldn't worry. Some times kids get patches of different colored hair in one spot. An extra kiss from God when being born.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't worry about it. My second child has half of his head blond and half is brown. It is pretty much split down the middle. We went to a dermatologist and were told that there are so many variations in humans that it really is not a big deal. He may just have a spot of gray for the rest of his life. I have a white patch with about 40 white hairs, the rest of my hair is red.
    IDK, I wouldn't worry to much about it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• You can ask your pedi about it, but I don't think it's a big deal. My brother has always had a small patch of gray/white hair on the back of his head.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 10:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• EVERYONE (yes, even a baby) has a grey hair or two... nothing to worry about at all.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Many things can cause grey hair in a young child. Many of those things are nothing to worry about. Some of those things are a cause for concern. Take him to the doctor for a check up.

http://www.drgreene.com/21_30.html
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:50 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Everyone has some gray hair. It's just less obvious on fair headed people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• are you sure it is grey and not light blond? Ask your dr but don't panic:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I have a friend who ws almost totally gray at age 5. By 16 he was snow white. He is almost 40 now, and besides the gray hair not a thing wrong with him.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 9, 2009