how can i get mud stain out of my son baseball pants and shirt?

shazi69

Asked by shazi69 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• oxy clean
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I've never tried that, is it good? I do use Dawn original but a little goes a long way so becareful. I let it sit over night. Also Spray and Wash or the other stain remover which ever one says let it sit not wash it out right away. Also I use just a little bit of bleach in with dingy color clothes very very carefully after pretreating and completing wash cycle. I rewash them just in some bleach to brighten them. But be care there too or you'll change their colors entirely.
    Anonymous

• DO NOT BLEACH THE BASEBALL PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bleach ruins baseball pants, it turns white pants a nasty yellow. It even says on the tag NOT to use bleach. Try Phels Naptha soap. The Spray and Wash Gel also works good. Make sure you wash them right away. Baseball field dirt is actually clay so it is very hard to get out. Trust me on the bleach thing, I ruined 2 pair of baseball pants and my uncles yelled at me because I should have read the tags before bleaching white baseball pants. LOL!!! NO BLEACH.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• ya they are a weird material...but anyway,my mil told me to us lestoil...put a little on and let them soak for a little while.i tell you it gets out everything...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 8:15 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Murphy's Oil Soap, let it sit, scrub and rinse. You might have to repeat but it usually works.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• All I ever used was spray and wash gel. I sprayed them and let them sit then washed them. I washed shirt with pants and even left the belt in the pants..because I freakin' hate the belts.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:09 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• there is a stain remover called Zout in red bottle works great!
    momoftwo199

Answer by momoftwo199 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I've been very lucky, as my son's baseball pants have been black or gray, but the Mom's in our ballpark swear by "Fels Naptha". This is a bar of laundry soap (made by Dial) that is sold at the grocery store.
    Lsquared215

Answer by Lsquared215 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2009