how can I potty train my almost 3 year old daughter?

shazi69

Asked by shazi69 at 10:47 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Use a potty chart you can get a free one from Learn2potty.com. also reward her make it fun I used to give my daughter 2 Potty bears *gummy bears* for going pee on the potty and 3 for going poopoo. also Just go right to panties Pull Ups are just expensive diapers but are good for night time. Take her potty with you. cheer and dance have fun with it. Let her pick out her own panties we got my daughter barbie panties and told her that Barbie doesnt like to get wet so she had to pee on the potty if barbie got wet too much she would go away. I hope this helps Good luck remember there will be LOTS of accidents

MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My very wise older ped. taught her patients parents this way: She always said that using the bathroom is a very natural habit, just like eating and sleeping. You can't make anyone eat, sleep or eliminate. :)

She taught us to put our little girls in panties and tell them simply "Today you are going to begin to wear panties just like mama." Then during the day, every time you go, take her with you. Don't say anything about it while there. After you go, put her on the potty for just a few min. and make yourself look busy while she goes, or not. Then take her down and send her back to play or have her help you do simple chores, never making any mention. Do this everyday. :)

The ped. said "Making toilet training a trick, will always require a treat. Instead make it natural. Eventually parents run out of stickers, candy and games. And when the rules change, the child finds ways to get control the situation."
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i got my 2 yr old daughter a bunch of cute underwear. the potty that talks and sings and everytime she went potty id make a super big deal about it. it make her feel good and special.
    Bellaaa

Answer by Bellaaa at 8:01 PM on Jun. 9, 2009