Men in church... why so few?

There are men who go to church because their wives nag them. And then there are men who go because they are bookish nerds that like bible studies. But why don't exciting, handsome, employed, attractive SINGLE men ever go to church?

I've heard some friends say its because good looking single guys can get sex with worldly women, but they know that church women won't do it so they don't bother. But I want to believe that the shortage of good looking men is because of something deeper than that.

So what is the reason?

krnrobey71

Asked by krnrobey71 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You should come with me to my church, LOL. There are at least 3 - that I've noticed so far, anyway - I'm still fairly new, and its a large congregation. There are all types, but the group of young 20 somethings has quite a few good looking Christian men there.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My personal ventured GUESS would be PRIDE.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• truthteller - okay, but don't women suffer from the sin of pride too? But they still go in great numbers....
    krnrobey71

Answer by krnrobey71 at 11:02 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i go to a large church too and there's quite a few Christian men.. single, employed, etc... and they are not the nerdy bookish type... although there are some of those there too... i think. : )
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I don't know, they might feel like they are being hunted. I am being serious. I have a few single girl friends and they are pretty desperate to get married. I mean one is already saving up time for materinity leave and she has zero prospects.

The minute minute a single guy walks in they go after him (my friends tease that their only requirement is that he is breathing). I tell them they need to listen to service and not gaze down the pews.

Especially since most Christian women don't want to just date for entertainment, but they want to date to get married. It is a lot of pressure. It is hard to be friends and get to know someone when they are picking up your empty red bull cans out of the trash and saving them on a shelf in their room (ah, how romantic). They really do this, and I tease them shamelessly LOL.

My poor friend Jason is stalked all the time and he has a prison record, 3 kids, and no job : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• My mother is a JW. Tons of attractive single devoted young men there... And that's why they are far from my type! You can have em!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Maybe it is because men are more analytical, so they are less likely to believe in God.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I met my husband at church...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:29 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Nathskitten, but is that a strength or weakness of theirs? Either women have wonderful spiritual intuition that men lack, or we are fools for swooning after our male god... which do you think it is?
    krnrobey71

Answer by krnrobey71 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• women tend to be more emotional/spiritual than men, so there's that side of church that attracts women, maybe. idk...i never noticed a shortage of goodlooking/single/employed men at any of the churches i went to. perhaps they are saying the same about goodlooking/single/employed women??
    i never went to church to find a man. it was always my thinking that it would be similar to dating someone from work...if it doesn't work out, you still have to see them everytime you walk in the door...kinda awkward, or maddening, if it ended badly.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2009