• In the Spotlight:

Say it ain't so!

I was told the other day by my OB that "if you carried your first baby to term you will your second" she said that if the formula (same parents) as your previous children then you generally hold your babies the same amount of time. I am currently 37.5 wks prego and would love nothing more to go into labor by the weekend.. and was just wondering if anyone else had heard or was told the same thing.. :)

Mom2Meredith

Asked by Mom2Meredith at 10:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've had 3 children and it was different with each one.
    Anonymous

• My Midwife told me that too but she also said that the second labor always goes faster which was true sorry but its true
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 10:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i had my 1st at 39 weeks i was induced, i had my 2nd at 381/2 weeks my doctor stripped my membranes, and went into labor at 34 weeks with my 3rd, labor was stopped and i had him at 361/2 weeks all 3 kids have the same dad
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• oh and my 3rd was my longest labor 15 hours
    kimmie123

Answer by kimmie123 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I had one at 37 weeks and one at 34 weeks. I can see that it may be more likely that it will be about the same, but certainly not absolute!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• "My Midwife told me that too but she also said that the second labor always goes faster which was true sorry but its true"

if this is true this babies gonna come poppin out with one push lol
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• well, with the one push makes me feel better..but having to wait another 2.5 wks doesn't sound so appealing LOL thanks tho!
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 11:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2009