this is a really wierd question but do you think that different races smell differently?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• sometimes, yes! some religions use alot of inscense in their practices and you can smell it on them
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Any person can smell different and they do. It doesn't matter race or religion either.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I think all people smell the same, that would be through their nose. However I think that each individual person has their own unique odor. Some good and some nots so good.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:12 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• yes because of the different skin and hair products that we all use but for no other reason i have biracial babies black and white and they smell like my white nieces and nephews when they are by my house and when they come back from my mil's house they smell really good because of the product she puts in their hair
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i think that has to do a lot with the products we use, like a hippy would smell different than a drag racer... i think it is person to person, but groups of people do favor proucts and can be identified with certain smells, a nice example is babies and the baby powder smell... so yes but i dont think it biological i think it has more to do with our environments that make us smell differently.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:21 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Asians smell like garlic.
    Anonymous

• I think that everyone has a different odour. It all depends on the food they cook, eat and products they may use or not use, ewwwww (everyone should use deodorant and soap!)
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• hey anon :30 um not only black people stink when they dont take care of themselves white and spanish people stink to high heaven when unshowered also- we all do- its called body odor and dirt and sweat..... as for the op that asked this question- yeah its true but not only because of the products we use- u can smell what the person eats- like some indian people have a curry smell to them (i guess its curry- its a strong tumeric smell) because thats what they eat alot of and spanish people smell alot like garlic and onions too- so i guess its about what we eat and what we wash with that creates our smells and certain races are more fond of certain foods and products
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 11:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• asians smell like chinese food and nail salons..(thats the only place i see them work at.) blacks have a strong scent b/c their hair products are alot stronger...not sure about the other ones....
    Anonymous

• I would say it can go either way depending upon who is doing the smelling and what diet, stress level, gender, and bathing habits the person being smelled has.

There are lots of factors that can cause a person to smell different than another person. I live in a very diverse area and those of different races that eat, bath and live similar as I do smell no different than myself, however those raised on a different diet, or having different stress levels, or even males vs. females can smell different based off of their lifestyle and what is in it. Foods can cause the body to secret a certain smell, and different parts of the world, or even our own country eat differently, as do they bathe using different products. I do not consider any culture or "race" to have any better or worse smell, I think it's all a matter of opinion based of what one is used to and raised around, and this can differ from person to person.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 12:03 AM on Jun. 9, 2009