If you need to lose 40 pounds, what kind of swimsuit do you wear?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• NONE? That is where I am at.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I was about 140 before getting prego... went up to about 190 and now am down to 126! I am smaller than when I started! Needless to say; my skin did not fair well on my mid-section and so I went and got a black 1940's inspired suit from Nicole Miller. It is very modest but the way it gathers and covers the hips totally makes you look more put together.

I would try a full suit. They work great! Think pin-up doll; Monroe; Betty Page... and you'll do great!

Rock it no matter your size :) You are one beautiful mama! And believe it !!!
    laurenregister

Answer by laurenregister at 11:15 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I only need to lose about 25 pounds, and I have to say the word swimsuit is not in my vocabulary LOL I'm being honest here. I will wear a bikini top and shorts to the pool. Those idiots who make the rules make you take off your tshirt if you go into the pool which makes me squirm. But i'm there for the enjoyment for my children so I suffer LOL I'm not there to pick up a date, I have one thank you LOL but it's just a self-esteem issue I'm trying to get through til I actually lose the weight. Which i usually do,...at the end of summer....only to gain it back around the holidays because I love to bake and eat what I bake LOL

I'm just about at the 200 mark, which wouldn't be so bad if it didn't all sit in my middle and my thighs as the rest of me is "okay" LOL

Lauren makes a good point though great advice! :)
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Thanks Cinder! I was always a thicker girl for my height. I remeber studying abroad in college and returning home a wopping 180 and my mom just about had a heart attack! I liked it. I met my husband with my weight on. I have been doing this mommy-hood mainly on my own so I run-run-run and the weight has just come off. My husband hates it! So I'll be planning on gaining when he is home for good :)

Honestly, if you feel it... it shows. Confidence can radiate at any weight.. 130,170, 210! It's all good. I've even had people tell me I look better around 160! Well I plan on getting back up there :) As soon as I catch my breath!

I hate rules like that (no tshirt in the pool). That is nuts! I don't think I'll ever be able to show my tummy (had tattoos and now I'm like a prune :)!!

Have a great summer and you look wonderful!
    laurenregister

Answer by laurenregister at 9:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I need to lose 30 lbs and I got a one piece that works pretty well from old navy.
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Before I got pregnant, I was 160. I didn't mind wearing a bikini as long as I was feeling good that day., A bad day? No way! lol.

My favorites have always been Tankinis!

One-piece pin-up style suits are adorable, too.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 10:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• great website...cyberswim.com
    it's where i got my suit.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 11:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• http://www.nicolemiller.com/Full_Piece_Swimsuit/pd/np/18/p/1741.html

This is the suit I got in black but I really do like the one on the nordstrom site. The one I got was inexpensive b/c I got it at Marshalls!!! I paid like 29.99 a few weeks ago. Try Marshalls and TJ if you have a chance... those stores usually have a ton of different styles and brands so you can try different fits :)

Summer is so much fun when you aren't worried about being looked at! haha..
    laurenregister

Answer by laurenregister at 11:28 PM on Jun. 9, 2009