What do think about........

babies and children out in public that look like just crawled out from under a rock? I mean, how hard is it to clean up your kids???? I was at Wal-Mart and saw the dirtiest little kids! Food and dirt all over their faces, clothes, and hands.....and they were touching EVERYTHING!!! HOW GROSS!?!?! I would never let my kid run around in public like that! What are these parents teaching their kids about personal hygeine?

Do you let your kid out in public dirty?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What parents don't realize is, how it makes them look like sorry parents. I"m not talking about kids who obviously look like they just came from the swimming pool, or off the boat and fishing, but kids who simply look like no one loved them enough to give them something to be proud of. Look at the parents, they are probably pretty groady themselves.

When parents send their little guys to school with unwashed faces and uncombed hair, on a daily basis, I realize these are parents that don't love their children enough to lovingly care for their bodies in the morning. What a sweet time a mom can have with kids by nicely telling them" Ok guys, lets brush our teeth and wash our faces before we go to school!" And teach them pride. But its too much work for some parents.

I always wanted my children to look loved. Then others will love them too. :)
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 11:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• No, but sometimes after we get in public they get dirty, and there's not much I can do about it then.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 11:09 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• No I personally would not let my son go out in public all covered in dirt etc. but I know exactly what you are talking about. A family that used to live down the street from me always had the dirtiest little kids running around. The little girl always had snot all over her face and no shoes on and the boys would always be COVERED in dirt. I would always think to myself, how hard is it to wipe your kids nose? It takes 2 seconds. Kids get dirty thats for sure but cleaning them up is part of being a parent.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I see it all the time in the ER. I'm not talking about the kids that are sick and vomitting or have diarrhea. I'm talking about toddlers and infants coming in for repeat staph and MRSA infection because their mothers don't bath them or cut their nails. I'm talking about the children who come in reaking of pot and tobacco smoke in filthy clothing with mud and dirt under their claw-like nails and their teeth broken and decayed from soda and sugar. These kids smell like stale poop and when the mother or father takes of the diapers, seeing yeast infections and rashes in the folds down there because they don't wipe them. One of our doctors told a mother that the best way to prevent these infections was to wash every day with warm soap and water and to cut the child's nails so that they wouldn't infect bug bites when they scratch and she said "Well I can't afford that and I don't have time". Yeah, right.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:01 AM on Jun. 9, 2009