? about Jews....

If Jesus was a Jew, and we are supposed to follow and strive to be like him, how come we all aren't Jews?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because there is no Jesus. Never was.. never will be.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Jesus fulfilled the messianic law therefore ending the Jewish line and starting Christianity. The Jews don't believe that Jesus has come. If they did they would be Christians.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:10 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Dang that was a good answer Sabrina. :)
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:11 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• See what reading the bible 8 times can get you? lol! My mother used to make us right out passages and do "book reports" on the bible when we were growing up. Hate the Carpletunle love the education...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I do want to note that there are also Messianic Jews. I'm not sure on all the beliefs but I do know that although they do believe that Jesus was the Massia they still keep the Messianic law and up hold Jewish tradition and basic beliefs. They are a kind of "cross breed" between the two belief systems.

** If there are any Messianic Jews that read this, please message me! I would love to get some information for my group. I think this is just another example of unknown and misunderstood religion. And through education understanding breeds!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:26 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Close Sabrina.... but your forgetting the 144 thousand ( which you stated in another thread that they were the only ones going to Heaven which is incorrect.)
    It was the Christians that became grafted into the Jewish tree so to speak. The Jews were preached to first then the Gentiles. I am considered a gentile but grafted in . In time the 144 thousand will come together and proclaim that the Messiah has come. Many jews believed.. Thats who Jesus was speaking to while He was on the earth. It wasnt until He appointed Paul to speak to the Gentiles.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Every believer in Christ is a "Jew".The Bible speaks of two Israels, one according to the flesh (Romans 9:3,4) and the other is of God. (Galatians 6:14-16) The Israel of God is composed of both Jews and Gentiles who believe in Jesus Christ (Gal. 3:29) Gentiles who believe are grafted in. They become part of the "same body" with believing Jews (Eph. 3:6). Paul calls this unity of believing Jews and Gentiles, "the mystery of Christ" (Eph. 3:4).
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2009