Why do so many of you NOT believe in God?

There seem to be a lot of mothers on here who say they are atheist or agnostic. So what is your reason for not believing in God? Do you plan to raise your children with flexibility of religion (ie allow them to choose? Educate them on all of the religions? ) Or will you ignore religion altogether because you are a nonbeliever? I'm a very religious Christian but am in no way bashing. I am honestly curious!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• "Or will you ignore religion altogether because you are a nonbeliever? I'm a very religious Christian but am in no way bashing"

_______________________________________

Generally when people deny something (ie...bashing) they ARE bashing in disguise.
    Anonymous

• I don't believe in God because I just don't. To me that is like asking why you don't believe in trolls and dragons. It just never seemed real to me. I even really liked the church I went to as a child, and I've never had a reason to be angry with God or reject him. It just doesn't register as fact in my heart and mind.
    As for my children, they are free to believe as they see fit. My oldest child goes to church with her father and stepmother, and she is a Christian. I am perfectly okay with that.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 11:24 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'm Agnostic and I fully intend to educate my daughter about all different religions and aspects of religion and allow her to make her own choices. I believe everyone should have that opportunity. I was baptized Roman Catholic and was raised in a family that was open to many different religious beliefs and allowed me to make choices for myself. AND, the fact that I consider myself Agnostic simply means that I DON'T KNOW, and as far as I can tell, you can't PROVE anything either way. I don't believe or not believe. But it is possible to be Agnostic and still believe in God, and vice versa.
    Anonymous

• what proof is their REALLY? science can explain practically everything now. People who say science is incorrect because "its not what the bible told me" are idiotic. Sure, everyone needs a little faith, but the bible was passed down by word of mouth until they could record it. What makes you so sure its right?
    Anonymous

• Photobucket
    Anonymous

• ROFL! anon 11:29 (the santa one)
    Anonymous

• I'm somewhere in the middle. I believe in god and I pray but I don't belive in organized religion. There are so many religions and so many verions of th bible that who is to say who is right. I just believe in being good person. As for my kids, I'll let them decide when they older.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I'm a Christian, but i think one of reasons people DONT believe is that there is no SOLID proof. They find remains and things they say were from the biblical times, but how positive are they? Some people have faith and some believe in science and some believe in both.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• i believe in god..just not organized religon.ive always found peace in beliveing and it works for me. ive always been more at peace in nature rather than in a church. believing is what i call it some say i dont because i dont "worship" him. no i dont but i do believe that there is a higher power.its just up to me how "high" it goes.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 11:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Anon1023 I am the OP I asked because I am interested and curious how other people address religion with their children. I don't really have any nonbelievers in my life. Its uncalled for the assume that I'm a basher in disguise because I am curious. One day my son will ask this same question and I wanted to hear from real people who don't believe real answers. I personally don't mind that other people have other religions or have no beliefs at all. I'm by no means a holy roller. I just want to be educated on others beliefs. I just wanted to know what brought them to this decision.
    Anonymous