Stimulus Check...

Is it wrong of me to withhold our stimulus check from my STBX when he doesn't pay child support and I care for our special needs child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I don't think so. You wouldn't be getting the check if it weren't for your son, so it should go to take care of him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Ethically, if you received more because you are married, you should only keep the amount that is for you and your child. The rest should go to him, as you wouldn't have received it if he were not in the picture. Wasn't that last year, though? If it's the new one given out for SSI/SSDI, then it should only go to the person who is claiming the SSI.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:28 AM on Jun. 9, 2009