Should the whole church be invited?

I attend a Baptist church regularly. The pastors daughter got married this past Saturday. The church threw a wedding shower for her a month or so ago and everyone was invited. BUT only a select number of families from the church were invited to the wedding. Do you think the whole church should have been invited?
(Some background: I live in a very small community, we do not even have a red light. Pretty much everybody knows everybody, and the church has 200-300 members)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ehhh.....depends on the budget. I had NO friends at my wedding and neither did my husband except for his BFF who is like his brother. His BFF was his Best man, as my hubby was in his. Friends were invited to the reception the next day.

I dont think they SHOULD have been invited. Thats up to the couple. But it is odd to invite them to the shower and not the wedding. But once again, it depends on the couple and how they wanted to do it.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Etiquette dictates that anyone who is invited to the showers should also be invited to the wedding & reception. I think in this case, everyone should have been invited. If not, the shower should have been private also.

Anonymous

• i think it could have been a budget thing or just who was close to the family.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:13 PM on Jun. 9, 2009