Would you pay someone to put together a scrapbook of your kids pictures, graduation, wedding, family reunion etc?

thinking of starting a scrapbooking "services" business.........do you have a drawer full of pictures.........would you want to have a scrapbook of your kids life so they can share with their wife, husband, kids and grandkids.........but just not want to put it together yourself? i am looking for feedback whether you would be willing to PAY someone for this service.

kaydee76

Asked by kaydee76 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I wouldn't. It seems to me that a scrapbook is extremely personal, and you couldn't possibly know enough about me to make it meaningful to me.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:20 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I think the fun of it is doing it myself... Remembering the special moments thinking of cute quotes, it's hard to find time though I have thousands of pictures and want to start a book for each of my kids and add on to it till they are adults...
    Countrymommy03

Answer by Countrymommy03 at 2:04 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• No, I wouldn't either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I have people ask me all the time, I have done some but you need to be really close with the person I feel!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:52 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I would!!! I totally HATE scrapbooking but love the end result!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• No I wouldn't even though you would do a better job then me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• I used to make pages and layouts and sell them on eBay...you'd be surprised at the people that buy them! I don't look down on mothers who do it. I'm now a mother of three and I don't even have time to do my own, let alone other people's scrapbooking.

More power to you, Mama!
    BAMF_MommyX2

Answer by BAMF_MommyX2 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Ive seen alot of Pre-made scrapbook online for sale. or selling single pages on line (about $6 each). I think something like that would sell much easier & faster....
    Try making mini-books- especially around holidays. Fathers day is around the corner so make something masculine that dad could put in his office. same as grandmas day, mothers day, halloween... ect. ect... everyone love 1st year baby milestones (alot of woman do 2 double LO a month)...or squahsh books, explosion box, brag books are popular but difficult to make so its sellable!
    I would say do books/pages like this & sell them & THEN if someone ask you for personal service go ahead with it.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• Its the memories that are important. I think that buying pages and layouts isn't that bad. Some of us (not that I have bought any) really like the way scrapbooks look but aren't blessed to be creative in that way at all. Its no different then just putting your photos in a store bought album.
    Ksimpson00

Answer by Ksimpson00 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• i do scrap books myself and i love doing them and it is fun when your kids can enjoy the fun with you. if i have time i will do it and when i do it is so much fun to get all your pictures together and have that moments you share.
    hotmama846

Answer by hotmama846 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 10, 2009