When will people stop using the race card because of difference of opinions?

I am so damn tired of people on here saying if you don't like Obama it is because he is black. I could care less what damn color he is, is that hard to understand?
I think he is a lying sack of crap, I don't care what color of crap he is!

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 11:37 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It will never stop. Ever.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:40 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Its pretty funny that we have the people who cry out against racism yet who is crying in favor of it? The race card is a lib victim issue. They have to have there victims so make themselve svictims vicariously and people fall for it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:54 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• That's because most of the people who voted for Obama did so based on his race and so they think everyone is like that too. They can't understand the concept of educating yourself on thecontent of a candidates platform and then voting based on who matches your morals and beliefs the most... It was all about voting in the first man of color, no matter his beliefs, morals, platform etc. A large amount of these people never voted in their lives, but buddy, they were gonna have a "black" president no matter what. Sad... now look at our country! That's what lack of education gets us. It's time to give it up on using the race card... Everyone has the same opportunities to work hard and make something of themelves. Some just choose to sit on their lazy butts expecting handouts and feeling entitled to get something for nothing. It's easier to play the race card and cry about it.

Anonymous

• slap

Anonymous

• well said anon 11:58.

I feel your pain anon 11:59
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You are so right!! Lately on cm it's racist this and racist that!! BS!! I heard some black people just voted for him because he is BLACK !!
    SouthernMOM1981

Answer by SouthernMOM1981 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• The sad thing is, I think that many times people jump to the conclusion that something is racist when in reality they don't have enough information to make that determination. A couple of years ago in Houston there was a young lady that was murdered by her ex-boyfriend (both of which were black). Her body hadn't been found, but he was the last to see her alive. There was extensive searches and information was released that he had dumped her body in the trash of an apartment complex. After a couple of days, the PD had called off a search of the landfill stating the unlikelihood that she would be found. There was a huge public outcry (even I sent letters, as her mother should be able to lay her to rest). A day or two later more info was released that the boyfriend had dismembered her and literally cooked her on a couple of grills.

(cont.)

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:08 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• good answer anon 11:58
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:09 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• (cont.)

it's a horrific story, the point is that it wasn't a decision by the PD that was based on race, which it was widely assumed that it was at the time.  It was the fact that they knew information that hadn't been released to the public.  And I know I have read and heard other stories that fit the same description - being labeled a race issue when in reality it is just a lack of real information and facts. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I once worked with a guy that was pulled over by the police for speeding, he was going 90 in a 55 zone. He came to work the next day bitching about it, I asked him why he was pulled over, and he stated" Because I am black". Not because he was speeding but because he was black, WOW
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2009