My Husband is so over protective of our Daughter!

We have 3 kids and our youngest (the other 2 are boys) is a girl and she's 12 months. Well my Husband is so over protective of her. I went summer shopping at Old Navy and Baby Gap for the kids and brought everything back home and showed him. He freaked out and says I am taking almost all of it back. I got a few pairs of shorts, he says there too short. A 2 pc bathing suit that he says is ridiculous. Super cute tank tops and he says the straps are too thin. I honestly would never put my baby in anything I didn't think was appropriate. I went and got her ears pierced and he didn't talk to me for a week. What should I do or just leave it alone??? I thought it was cute at first since she's are only and last girl but it's a little much.

mommymine3

Asked by mommymine3 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's a daddy thing. It does get rediculous. Hopefully he will listen to reason and trust that you have your dd's best interest at heart. I think that baby/kids swim suits can be rediculous. From the sounds of it though you haven't bought her one of the little triangle bikini's.
    He will outgrow it a bit, finger's crossed!
    My son had girl friends and dh is like yeah buddy. Our dd's have boy friends and he's all over it. Men tend to sexualize things, not all men, but quite a few.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Unless you are dressing your baby like a slut, what is wrong with a 2 piece swimsuit and some tank tops. My favorite baby girls outfits are the open back ones like a little halter dress. She is 1 year old, she is not going to be walking the streets and not be left alone for some pervert to get her. I think you and your husband need to have a serious talk. I am sorry he is being difficult. My husband was like that at first until he saw her in her little two piece swimming suit and said it was really cute on her. I put her in overalls without a onsie underneath.
    Anonymous

• Hey you! My husband wont let me get a two peice for Maddy either! He sounds just like your hubby. They are rediculas!!!!!
    MaddysMommy788

Answer by MaddysMommy788 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 9, 2009