Baby Gender Prediction (old wives tales)

OK, was wondering if anyone out there has done the gender prediction test using a needle and thread/needle thread with a pencil test. As the wives tale goes if you hang either one of these over the Mom2Be's wrist it will tell how many pregnancies and in what order they were (even m/c's) or if you do the pencil over mommy's belly it skips straight to what gender mommy is currently pregnant with.. (i.e.- I am oldest of 3, my mom's shows circles, stops, circles, stops, side to side, stops- Me, My Sister and My brother in correct order). And it will do it on the oldest of ladies.. no expiration of time or anything.. I have family that has done it for years and everyone I talk to says that its been accurate, I have actually never heard of anyone its every been wrong for.. Anyone know anything about its accuracy??? or HOW it works??!??! I am really consumed by the mechanics of this test LOL its mind boggling thanks for sharing!

Mom2Meredith

Asked by Mom2Meredith at 11:45 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You have a 50/50 chance of getting it right so those are GREAT odds either way!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• lol I wanna go try it.
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 12:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Your wedding ring can be used in place of the needle on the string too.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• yeah I have heard this too.. but was wondering its accuracy and HOW it works! ??? its fascinating to me... my husband's grandmother says she remembers how back in the day the doctors used to make house calls and would do this to predict the gender of the baby before ultrasounds were used or even considered safe.. and so I am addicted to finding out why it works!
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 12:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• This is all I found on it... I'd google a bit more if you really want to know how it works. I'm try ing to figure out how to do it lol. http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/needle.htm
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2009