argh!

I have been sending out email messages to stores and online retailers to fit my current experience level to try and find some work. I always get at least one response back, and sometimes up to five! That is an excellent return for only sending out 20-30 inquiries at a time. They usually ask me for price quotes and sometimes how many hours I am available. I send them the information and then they don't respond. Does this mean I am quoting too high? I mean, I've read every copywriter's book on the market and browsed other's sites to get pricing ideas.... and I'm quoting a little lower than them...but not so much that someone would assume I had no clue what I'm doing. What is going on? Is this normal in the biz world? Or am I making a mistake targeting smaller businesses for web content and maybe they just can't afford professional rates???

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would follow up with a phone call. Nothing can beat having a live person's voice to let them hear you. Its easy for me not to respond to a "person" online b/c they are faceless.

I would call and ask if they have any questions concerning your quote and give them a tele # where they can reach you and also don't forget to ask them if they've made a decision. The same as if you are putting in a resume. You always want to make up a follow up call. These are the people that are brought back up to their memory. :) Hope you get some work soon! How awesome to be able to work from home!
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 10:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2009