Any natural home remedies for inducing labor??? that are SAFE!

I am 37 wks 4 days prego with my son, and.. I am COMPLETELY miserable.. I went to the doc last week and she said that it looks like he will be close to 9 pounds.. yeah, thats what I thought too! I am a bit aprehensive about this.. and would like to speed up the process according to doc last week I am almost dilated to 2, but she didn't say anything about efacement... or inducing.. I just want to not be pregnant anymore.. I think he has got to be like 30 inches long or something.. I can't bend over, my face, feet and hands are swollen all the time!! I have no clothes that fit ... HELP! I think I am gonna prego forever!!!

( i had this posted earlier and somehow I closed it.. I am new to CafeMom, so i just reposted) thanks for looking!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sex brings on contractions. Might not induce labor but it does bring contractions which wouldn't hurt.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Well, I am extremely ready to meet my baby and not be pregnant anymore too! Although, I'm 41 weeks and 1 day pregnant. I've tried everything...from acupuncture, acupressure, sex, walking, bouncing on a birthing ball, swinging on a swing, squatting, lifting heavy boxes and carrying them up and down stairs, vacuuming, eating spicy foods, chinese food, pineapple and taking evening primrose oil. I go for an ultrasound and stress monitor test tomorrow to see how the placenta, baby and fluid levels are. I do not want to get induced medically because I am trying a VBAC...wanna do it all natural this time around. I figure with all the things I've been trying for the last few weeks...your body won't go into labor until your baby is ready. My baby has decided he needs more time to bake in the oven before his world debut. As much as I have been in pain, discomfort and not sleeping...I am patiently waiting. GL 2 U.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Plus, just to inform you....ultrasound measurements are never accurate. They can be off up to 2 pounds. Meaning your baby may weigh 2 pounds less at birth then what they are saying now. Don't trust that completely. They said my baby was going to weigh 9 pounds at 40 weeks. I had my daughter at 40 w & 3 d and she was 7 pounds, 5 ounces. I wouldn't worry so much about your baby being too big for you.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• all of the above good to know.. I guess I am most frustrated with my lack of energy.. normaily i am extremely active and he is sooo low, that I can barely bend over.. and so, I have to sit or lay most of the time and of course that adds weight gain and boredom and irritation in my case.. and I am just SOO ready to be done! anyway.. thanks for your answer .. I guess i just gotta accept it.. and be patient!~
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 12:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• yaa my ultrasounds told me my baby was gonna be 6lbs...she ended up being 8lbs 12 oz..lol..so dont go by those...sex brings on labour..as does walking..and squatting..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I spent all day sunday walking at a convention, barely sat down. I went into labor monday night and my daughter was born at 3am wed morning. I'd say walk... a lot! I worked for me and I was 38 weeks.
    nico409ant

Answer by nico409ant at 1:50 AM on Jun. 9, 2009