Hate my son's name...

Before my son was born, DH and I had agreed to name him Joaquin Isaias, BUT when DH held him in his arms the first time he said he wanted to name him after himself and his dad, Francisco:( I was so caught up with emotions that I agreed. Well we had another discussion. DH wanted him to be brought up with the nickname Panchito, and I agreed. Now everyone calls him Panchito and that's how I introduce him to family.

Last week my son turned 1 (WOOHOO!) However I have yet to call him by either name. I call him baby, munyeco (doll face) and chiquito (little one). What should I do?? I'm not saying I want to change his name. We agreed and I have to suck it up, but I have a very hard time calling him by his name. Does anyone feel the same or have any advice????

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 11:50 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Call him something cute. My sister always calles her son Peanut, she hardly ever says his real name.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I think you should just start calling him by his name. it may be hard in the beginning, but you can not avoid calling him it forever. At some point it will no longer be appropriate to call him doll face or little one.
    The longer you avoid calling him the name you and your dh gave him the harder it will be later on.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• I had a friend named Francisco who went by Frankie...
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2009