Is my friend overdoing it using her husband's name ALL the time?

My friend is all about her husband. She'll answer the phone, "Ryan's wife." Her email is "ryanswife@....com" and so is her myspace. Her status updates are always "I love Ryan" "Thinking of Ryan." It's like she goes out of her way to make herself sound like she's desperately in love. I'm not saying she's not. It just seems like she's not living for herself. I used to think this was cute....the first few years they were married. But they've been marred ELEVEN years now. I've just started to get irritated. Why does she do this? Is she that in love? Would it irritate you if your 35 year old friend was like this? Does she use his name constantly to overcompensate for something in their marriage I don't see? Is she that insecure? Or am I just overreacting and getting annoyed for nothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• That does sound very annoying...
    wyattsmommy626

Answer by wyattsmommy626 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• it would be annoying..something you'd expect maybe the first couple months of marriage..maybe she is insecure. maybe she defines herself as 'ryan's wife' because that's the only way she sees herself. idk. i bet ryan doesn't do the same, huh? to each her own.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• her identity seems to be in him, yeah kinda annoying
    amanda_23

Answer by amanda_23 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• god help that woman if he ever leaves her. she will have no idea of who she is, where she belongs, or what to do with herself.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I would find that rather annoying...and somewhat childish. I can see maybe in the first few months of the marriage...maybe...but this seems a bit ridiculous. Next time she answered the phone like that when I called I would probably say something like "Thank you Captain Obvious." Maybe she would get a clue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You care why? MYOB! It's HER life not yours! Get over yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Yeah, it's a bit much. The e-mail is fine. But the updates? I mean, I put up updates saying i love my hubby, but its once in a while. Not all the time. And i have never answered the phone as my hubbys wife. I think the only time I've ever said i was DH's wife before my own name, was meeting one of his co-workers.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• That would drive me nuts. I don't know how I would go about talking to her. Maybe an intervention because you know you are not the only one who finds it annoying...LOL
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• It is a little too much...but my email is kimoswife19@....com and my hubby's name is Sakima but he goes by kimo for short..and my screen name is kimosgirl08 on here. And him and I have been married almost 3 years and I'm 21. is that ok...but I don't go as far as answering the phone as "Kimos wife"...I just say a simple "hello"
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• That's hillarious.........and extremely annoying! Next time she answers like that say "oh, actually, I'm not looking for Ryan's wife. I'm looking for my friend (whatever her name is). Have you seen her?". Not so easy to actually say, but it would be nice!
    Gandeluv

Answer by Gandeluv at 1:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2009