What Should I Get For My Son's 1st Birthday?

I am stuck and need gift ideas! What are good toys that will keep his attention for longer then 10 minutes?

wyattsmommy626

Asked by wyattsmommy626 at 11:57 PM on Jun. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• a riding toy, leap frog table has alot of activities
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 8, 2009

• Every time I go to a 1st b-day party I always get the kid one of those little car things. It has a compartment under the seat to put his other stuff, or he can stand behind and push. My nephew is 3 and still plays with his, he drives to work every morning LOL
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• a helium mylar balloon. My son got a ton of gifts and he was amazed by the box they came in and one elmo balloon LOL!

I had previously bought him a crawling doll. He loves going after her and pointing at her nose, eyes and face (great way to teach body parts).
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• A walker or riding toy, maybe some colorful books, bath toys. If it's during the summer, maybe a little kiddie pool, they are like 10 bucks at walmart.
    cjbj08

Answer by cjbj08 at 12:03 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My 13 month old has a little activity table that he loves. He can stand at it and it's got all kinds of cool buttons to push (they light up and play music). It holds his attention for about 10 minutes, which is SO nice!
    Mandarina23

Answer by Mandarina23 at 1:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Little People my DD got a bunch of them for her bday & loves them. They are a toy that a child can grow w/ our friends who are 3 yo still love the Little People! They have a whole world of houses, stores, train, cars, trucks, etc. Snoopy that dog on a string that u can pull or anything like that she also loves that toy. A toy guitar, my DD took to legos nicely (not sure about other kids though) Mega Blocks their called, those rideing toys or rocking toys, & books are always a good one :)!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2009