how soon can I be tested??? NOT A PREGNANCY QUESTION!!!!!!!!

I had sex with my soon to be ex husband Sat. morning (it was unexpected- just happened), unprotected and he ejaculated inside me. ( I have an IUD) so pregnancy is not a concern, maybe just other things.
I have had suspions hes been seein someone (since he told me he wanted to leave me) but I dont know if they are having sex or not (or if hes with her) and anyways now I really regret this mistake... what if she has something and caught it??? Its not likely but I duno, and I dont know know that I can trust him (or that he hasnt cheated on me before).
I am stupid for having sex with him- BASH AWAY, I know it and regret it... I just really need to know when I can be tested for anything he MIGHT have.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know you can be tested for syphillis and gonearrhea (sp) very quickly. Not sure about HPV, herpes. HIV takes awhile.
    simonsmomma

Answer by simonsmomma at 12:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I would call the doctor in the morning and ask, maybe they can see you tomorrow. Good luck :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You can be tested for everything and anything. The only test that may need to be repeated would be the HIV one due to the antibodies in the bloodstream still growing. Don't wait until you think you may have something...by then it may be harder to treat.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• you can be tested right away but somethings after the first test they will say come back at 3 6 and 9 months just to make sure that nothing is there
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Many health departments offer free HIV testing as well as other STD's in teh family planning department. Most people who contract HIV will develop antibodies at detectable levels 2-8 weeks after exposure; with the majority of cases being fully detectable within 3 months. To be safe, most practitioners advise you to text again at six months after potential exposure since in very rare cases it may take this long to show up. Other STD's will generally show up within a month. If you are super worried, beg HIM to be tested since more than likely he will already be detectable.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Planned Parenthood will check for all of that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• just call your doc asap. and don't worry...that will just mess with your head! Your human and it happens. Good luck!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 2:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I agree with all but I wouldn't worry too much unless you start showing symptoms. It's true that it's possible to not have any symtoms but still be positive, however most likely symptoms would occur within a week of exposure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i wouldn't worry too much. call the gyno and ask. and quit beating yourself up over this. you have no idea how many women sleep wiht the ex.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:10 PM on Jun. 9, 2009