Random questions about poop

Okay, first off...when you eat something and you get diarrhea...like when it happens FAST...like eating tacos or something, why does it smell so much worse than usual poop? It just seems more watered down, and if it happens so quickly, how does any sort of compounded gases or sulfur or any of that in there? And everyone's smells the same! You'd think what they ate would be a factor but there is the tell tale "diarrhea smell". And on that note...how about "public restroom poo"? Every public restroom you enter where someone has pooed recently, other than the aforementioned diarrhea smell, it always smells the same as every other public restroom I have been in. Is there a scientific explanation for this? Is diarrhea somehow genetically different? I'm really not a moron...I've just always been curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• weird question that i do not have the answer too but did make me laugh a lil so i had to say something lol
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• lol, yaaa im with mommabear..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Some diarrhea has extreme bacteria that has a killer smell. Case in point, a kid at school did diarrhea in his pants and was crying, we had to send the only male teacher in there to coax him out. The smell was SOOOOOO bad that later that day the teacher told me the smell literally got stuck in his mucous membranes and whenever he would take a deep breath through his nose he could smell the kids s(*&.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Maybe the reason is smells different and goes through you so fast is because of the fats and oils. Just my guess.
    Another odd thing about poop I learned this week. Purple Grape juice will make you poop a bright green. My poor DS had green poop for 2 days after we stopped giving that juice to him.
    Ethanmom

Answer by Ethanmom at 1:45 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I think there are several reasons for diarrhea... perhaps it's like a bacterial smell or maybe more enzymes come with it since it kind of empties your digestive tract... I'm totally guessing but people have digestive enzymes in their intestines, right? Or, maybe it really doesn't scientifically smell the same, you just think it does. Ah, the public restroom thing I think has more to do with the underlying smells present in public restrooms. I kind of think they smell like a sewer and maybe that has to do with the cleaners or deodorants they use or just the watery, pipe smell... i don't know.
    iluvmommyhood58

Answer by iluvmommyhood58 at 9:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I just Googled information on urine a moment ago.
    I bet you could do the same for this question, too, since that is all I would do for you anyway in order to answer it effectively. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2009