• In the Spotlight:

I wanted to know if any christians could explian this to me?

Titus chapter 3 9-11. Does this apply with everyone you know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• obviously, there was strife in the church, that paul was addressing. probably someone doing something that wasn't cool to the whole group, or not beneficial. if you read the prior verse, you'll see he asked them to be about the business of doing good works, etc. ..the verses you question are more like a warning to just leave that busybody/troublemaker alone, not to waste your time on it, when your good works would do more for the whole body.
    ever hear the phrase ''ignore it, and it will go away"? or perhaps, like hank hill says when referring to women who get their panties in a twist (
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:49 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• ..''women are like a tire fire; it will go out on its own.'' (i don't know what happened to my answer..)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:51 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Lets read it in context. Titus is talking to whom , the believers ( thats US , christians that is)
    Read the book from the beginning and you will see Paul was writing to Titus and giving him instruction on how to behave as a believer.
    This book applies to all believers . I encourage you to read it all to have a better understanding of what Paul is addressing and why.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I see this in churches too often. Did you know there are over 150 different types of Baptist. Most of the various denominations are splits over minor points of doctrine. Legalisms that have no place in the church, things like music style, wearing of pants by women, make-up, things that have no weight in eternity.

God help us.  If it's not clearly forbidden in the Bible or there isn't a clear Biblical principle against it lets stop the legalism.   I may not care for a particular style of worship, but I will support a believers right to worship in that style, so long as it glorifies God. 

So Paul is warning us not to be instraments of disunity. Not to be so divisive that we hinder the work of the Holy Spirit.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 1:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• this seems to be speaking about legalism to me
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2009