Did/Do you want more children but DH didnt/dont??

I have really been wanting another baby since my daughter was born. But I knew that would be too much and we are broke. Like super-broke. But I just graduated school and can start working in a couple weeks and hubby has several promising job offers. So it seems to be looking up. I've been talking to hubby about this for awhile and sometimes hes really excited and other times he says he doesnt want anymore kids, at least for awhile.

MrsDuff

Asked by MrsDuff at 12:52 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Hi! I asked this question a little while back and I got slammed hard! Hope it turns out better for you. Anyways, yes, I desperately want another child but my DH doesn't. It is a very difficult thing to deal with. I don't believe in begging or demanding....... how fair would that be to the child? It's not always true that "they will love them when they see them". On your DH's behalf, is it the money thing? Maybe he'll change his mind when your income turns around. It wouldn't be fair to your daughter to be struggling to provide for her and have another. Best of luck to you!
    Gandeluv

Answer by Gandeluv at 1:05 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Actually it's the opposite for me! I have a daughter and I'd be perfectly fine with just her. But hubby wants 4 kids!! Oh by the way I'm currently pregnant now, so he's on his way to getting is wish!!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 1:03 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i have 2 kids now and 33. i had my last child in 1996 and my hubby at the time didn't want anymore so had me get my tubes cut, burned, and tied. we split up in 2001, because he had an affair and got this girl which was my best friend at the time pregnat. they have 4 kids together now 1 that dhs took away and gave up 4 adoption, and 3 they r raiseing. now i'm with a new man who has no kids of his own, and says my kids are his,because he has raised them since 2002. if u want more kids and he don't let him get fixed just in case something happens between yall. hopefully i wont. GL
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 1:17 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Thank you ladies. I'm not getting fixed at all. I'm only 21, not happening. And I don't think I'm nagging him, I just really want more kids and close in age so we can be done and not still having kids in 20 years. Haha. That's just what IVE always wanted.
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 1:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• And Id be willing to work with him but he doesnt tell me any reason why. Just not yet. Or whatever. Men are sooooo confusing...
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 1:25 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Hope you didn't think I was implying that you were nagging. That wasn't my intention at all. In regards to okc-mom, my DH actually encouraged me to get my tubes tied telling me we could adopt another one( Which has always been a life dream). Then, after tubes were tied, changed his mind. Nice,hey! Not a happy situation.
    Gandeluv

Answer by Gandeluv at 1:31 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• No no no I didnt think that. But DH seems to think Im a nag cause I actually make.him.do.something. OMG Im horrible! Hahaha. I would love to adopt, but still want more of my own and I dont think I should take that away from women that actually cant have babies.
    MrsDuff

Answer by MrsDuff at 1:38 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i know it hurt me sooooo bad just him telling me he didn't want anymore kids, and forced me to get my tubes tied at 20 yrs old. then 5 yrs later he gets his mistress knocked up and so kids and i moved out, and now he has 4 other kids after the 2 we had, and said no more. i wanted more kids and now i can't cause i was stupid and did as he told me. dumb me!!!
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Were expecting our first and were thrilled, but he's only wanted one since we met I've always wanted three. He said no way till we found out this one was a boy, and the doctors started saying that it was a blessing for this one it would be nearly imposible for more. Then and only then did he want more and not only more he's dead set on a total of four! Good luck but your young you can't say where you'll be down the road just wait a little while (a year or two) and then try the conversation again, men always change there minds. take comfort in watching your girl grow for now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I want another baby... just one more and my hubby does too! BUT he wants to get out of the mil and wants to wait like 5 years which I don't wanna do because our daughter will be 7 then!! So if I don't get pregnant when he gets home from Iraq (he agrees we're gunna try) then I don't wanna have one later and our dd will be enough. I just do not see how with our debt, both of us working, a new baby is going to work out later! I had a c the first time and never had to pay for a dr visit or nothing! I don't want to have to pay for something to go wrong again next time.... just my veiws.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2009