A question about what you think of me by my religion.

Ok. I am a Gnostic. I have noticed that alot of Christians don't like Gnostics because of what has been said about them by the church. So, without knowing what parts of the Gnostic religion I believe, what do you think of me?
(However, if anyone pays attention, I am sure you can figure out what parts of that religion I adhere to and what parts I draw from the Pagan side of my faith. But this is a "just for fun (I guess) question. And don't worry about hurting my feelings. I can take it.)
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Truth seeker, I am gnostic too. Honestly, I don't know what to say. I actually do avoid really religious people of any faith because it always ends with a strong difference in interests or opinions due to the fact that these two categories seem to rule their life/behavior/thinking. It's just me, so quit with the need to bash my response.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• God gave us free will so you believe whatever you want to believe im not going to judge but any beliefs that are not of God is wrong im sorry but thats what the bible says not trying to be mean...

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I'm not going to judge but your beliefs are wrong. LOL Nice answer above me there...

Why should anyone think ANYTHING about you based on your religion?
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Ok, anon. Did you notice I am not truthteller? I saw the post where you were being bashed. It wasn't me.
    And hinson, thank you for the response. And I know it's hard to believe, but I do believe in God, just not the same one your bible tells you about. My life experiences have taught me that no "loving parent" could let some of the things that have happened to me to happen. But, I do respect your belief. I am not saying you are wrong. You may very well be right. I guess we'll all know who was right in the end, huh?
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Aurorabunny, you would be surprised. Do you think all Muslims women cover every inch of their body beside their face and hands? Sterotypes of all religions exist. I know there are several about mine (for most, is it we are presumpitous and self righteous).
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• yes Ashley you are right :) God bless you
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• No I don't think that. I'm not saying stereotypes don't exist, I'm fully aware that they do. I'm saying that they SHOULDN'T. I wouldn't want to encourage anyone to think anything, good or bad, about me based off of my religion. I would rather they get to know me as a person.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Ashley, I'm interested in what Gnostic Paganism is- will you tell us at the end??...

BTW- that is a seriously (((sexy))) avatar... always thought so... where did you find it? I've never been a big into vampirism (you know past the Anne Rice type of questionable ...) grrl- but I'm not averse to learning!! LOL ;-P

mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 2:59 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i've never heard of Gnostic before. and truthfully i have no opinion. but i have friends from all likes of religions so truthfully it wouldn't matter to me. when we do talk about religion it's a open topic and no one gets mad or upset. but it's usually just general talk and no one is pushing any one point of view.
    mommaseyes

Answer by mommaseyes at 8:02 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ON PEOPLE BASED ON THEIR RELIGIOUS FAITH, I BASE MY THOUGHTS ON PEOPLE BY THEIR ACTIONS OR LACK THEREOF.

Answer by older at 8:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2009