why did you have a c-section(s)?

Just wondering the reason why and how you felt about it? If you have chosen a repeat c-section what was your reasoning behind it..?

mizsaxton

Asked by mizsaxton at 1:20 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i was induced. i wasnt dialtating, i madei t 5 cm then it just wasnt going. the heart beat of my son was going down. and it was an emergency c-section.. i was scared. i panic'd in the room.. and they put me to sleep.. :( i was not happy
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• well with my first his head what to big and would not come down ;) and the second was a repeat and im prego again and going to have to have another repeat but this is my last cant have any more c sessions...

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:29 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• my son was breach, my water broke at 36 weeks, and by the end of this year, i will have had 3 in 2 years. scary. had to have repeats cause they were so close together.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• hinson thats not true my sister inlaw has had 5 c-sections..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:37 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• TOO MANY C-SECTIONS ARE DANGEROUS!!!!!!! YOU CAN BLEED OUT. PEOPLE WHO GET MORE THAN 3 ARE NOT WELL INFORMED, OR DIDNT RESEARCH THE DANGERS, OR ARE JUST TOO STUPID TO KNOW ANY BETTER. IN NOVEMBER, IM GOING TO HAVE MY 3RD C-SECTION WITHIN 2 YEARS. I HAVE TO HAVE MY TUBES TIED SO THAT I WILL NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DYING. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT ALL IS INVOLVED IN A C SECTION???
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 1:42 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• i was induced and once my contractions started my DS heart beat lowered so I had to have an emergency c-section. I was told I had to have a repeat c-section but my mom had a c-section with my bother then had me 5 years later vaginal. So hopefully I can have a vag. birth if i wait that long which I want to. If not having another c-section won't be a big deal. It was an experience I will never forget and not in a bad way. It can be scary with all the doctors and nurses around but I am happy I had one...
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 2:48 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My daughter was breech... the drs didn't know becuase I had to switch from my begining hospital to an army hospital then move to another state at that army hospital which never got my prego records from the other army hospital... i was having contractions come and go from 36 weeks and flew to Alaska. Then I had tried to get in and becuase I was only 3 cm dialated they made me wait. When I went in the 3rd time, one nurse said she felt a butt. So they did an ultra sound and saw her head was in my ribs! They gave me ambien to stop contractions (which didn't) and tried to turn her which didn't work. Then my water broke and I was rushed in for my c-section. My hubby watched the whole thing and now jokes that "he knows me inside and out!" I was awake the entire time. But I guess they told him I wasn't going to make it.... I did!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:53 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My cervix was too scarred from cancer to stretch for delivery. My c-section was needed since I could not dialate. This pregnancy will be a c-section too.

Do not be afraid if a c-section is what you have to do. Ignore all the nay-sayers who insist that having a c-section implies you are stupid. You're not. Some people just ought not to be speaking on here if that's how they truly feel.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• mine was an emergency. i have had two wondreful vbacs since
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 8:20 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My first was a c-section because our dd Kahlan died in utero at 36 weeks. They induced me and 3 days later there was no progression and my body was shutting down. I was dying. I had a uterine infection that kept me in the hospital for over a week in addition to the surgery, etc.. the infection was what was killing me.
    My second was last summer and was a surprise pregnancy. It was a repeat c-section due to my heath. I had hypertension ( not PIH), GD and Pre-E.
    I went for an NST and they sent me to the hospital for my c-section because they found out that I had Pre-E. The only cure for Pre-E is delivery. With my history of stillbirth, uterine infection, hypertension, etc... c-section was the safest possible way for me to deliver.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2009