I feel bad for dads, do you? They are in the minority of those that get to stay at home :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• No. No I do not.
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 1:39 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My husband would be bored out of his mind if he stayed home so I don't feel sorry for him and the few dads that I do see, seem like they can't relate to all the moms and are in an awkward female position.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• If they wanted to be SAHDs and have the patience for it, i think they should be able to. My hubby and i discussed it for a bit, but he does not have the patience to be a 24/7 SAHparent. He's a great dad, really, he just doesnt have the patience for the long haul of SAH parenting.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• mine stays home not by choice but he was laid off and cant find work so i'm working.. lol.. and let me tell you its not the same lol
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:44 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• No I do not feel bad. My fiance wouldn't be able to handle it. He doesn't have the patience and would go nuts staying home. Its not easy being a SAHM so if he wanted to try be my guess...I would get to at least sleep through the night when my DS isn't feeling good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• God, my husband would love to be a SAHD. He is home alone with the kids at night, while I am work, and when I come home from work, the kids are asleep, the house is at least as I left it, if not more, and he has clean towels and pjs ready for me in the bathroom. I wish he could spend more time at home. My kids would so happy, and honestly, my house would be cleaner. He just makes too much at this job for us to switch shifts. He would have to take a drastic pay cut to stay at home during the day. He also has to do my son's baseball practice/games (which he goes and stays at every one) and he does online classes. My husband is just as amazing as a SAHM. He cooks dinner too, since I go to work at 6 pm. He cooks as soon as I leave.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My husband has had the chance to be a SAHD, and passed on it. I don't think I've ever personally met a man who has voiced the desire to be a SAHD - not saying that they don't want to be, they just have never said it that I know of. Unfortunately, most of them are still in that mindset where it's the manly thing to work and provide and it would be emasculating to them to stay home with the kids. I think guys who can overcome that stereotype and are happy being at home taking care of their kids are awesome. =) But I don't feel sorry for dads in general - I don't think most of them really want to stay home.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 7:01 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I guess I dont understand the question. You feel bad for dads because they are in the minority of those that get to stay home? Did you mean DONT get to stay home? My dh doesnt get to stay home and he wouldnt want to. That my job and its my pleasure and blessing.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• not at all, my dh loves his job and works 4 days a week, he gets to spend 3 whole days with me & our dd... he couldn't handle being here at home all day
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• LOL @ the bored out of his mind comment....I'd totally be bored out of my mind!!!!!!!!! And I'm a chick!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:25 PM on Jun. 9, 2009