know any good books for an 11 year old boy?

bobbicroft

Asked by bobbicroft at 2:00 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• The Giver - I read it to my 5th grade class and they loved it!
    lovemydivas

Answer by lovemydivas at 7:48 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• have you heard about "Captain Underpants"? My grandson is 10 and he loves "Captain Underpants"
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• My 10 yr old loves the Goosebumps series. They are his favorite.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Diary of a Wimpy Kid series is big with my 10 year old and anything Star Wars
    lynda5

Answer by lynda5 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Diary of a Wimpy Kid is good, so are the books by Matt Christopher (he writes books about sports). It all depends on what your child is into. Take a trip with your son to Barnes and Noble or Borders and let him look at the 100's of books that they have. My son loves books about history, wars, etc. He also likes the Star Wars series of books (there are a couple of them). The problem that I have with my son is that he is almost 13 and reads at a higher level, so the appropriateness of some books are not right for his age. Ask his teacher or a librarian.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• The Lightening Thief by Rick Roirdan. It is the first book in a series and both my kids and I love them. They are making a movie about it too, which helped my kids get interested
    jo.smith

Answer by jo.smith at 11:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• The Artemis Fowl series is really good.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 1:57 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Here is a website from the author James Patterson. It has tons of books according to age, from birth on up. I recieved the info from my son's English teacher when I asked her for ideas on books for my son who hates reading.

www.readkiddoread.com

It is amazing, check it out!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Try the chronicles of narnia :) there is 7 books total in the series. i own all 7 and they are amazing. i plan to keep them for my kids. they are amazing while enhancing imagination but also encourages good :) plus its a good thing to read seeing that they are now making movies out of them. there is a certain order the books are in but it is different from its chronological order. (and there is another bonus if you are christian. :) The stories are christian stories but turned using talking animals in a magical world that only appears when you believe in it.. The head lion, Aslan portrays JEsus/God [if you watch the lion the witch and the wardrobe you will notice this when he gives himself as sacrifice to save one of the kids from the evil white witch who is suppose to portray evil/satan. But these messages arent noticed unless pointed out or previously taught. I will comment again with the book list.
    Aphrodite108

Answer by Aphrodite108 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 10, 2009

• The book list in order is:
    -The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (book2)
    -Prince Caspian (book4)
    -Voyage Of The Dawn Treader (book5)
    -The Silver Chair (book6)
    -The Horse and His Boy (book3)
    -The Magician's Nephew (book1)
    -The Last Battle (book7)

They are very good books I read the entire series when I was 9-10 and I am reading them again to freshin up for the movies. :D
    Aphrodite108

Answer by Aphrodite108 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 10, 2009