I'm having painful cramps that come and go. Could that mean that I'm in labor?

JenniferK23

Asked by JenniferK23 at 2:04 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are they coming at regular intervals? Like every 10, 7, or 5 minutes? If they are consistent then it could be labor. Try drinking a glass of water and walking around. If they continue to come at the same or closer intervals then it is probably labor. If they peter out or are not coming in a consistent pattern, then it is probably not real labor.
    I have had the same thing in all three of my pregnancies. My rule was if it was at night, I would go to bed and if the contractions woke me up or I could not sleep through them, then I would go to the hospital. There were several times I "knew" I was in labor,but after sleeping a while the contractions went away.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2009