Ok I'm Sorry But How can I relieve this constipation?

Even with as pink as my cheeks are turning as I type. I'm 22 weeks and I need to know, what are some ways to relieve this problem? I've tried water (almost a gallon a day), high fiber intake, even found a prenatal without iron, Tried fruits and pickles. I'm losing hope please help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ask your doc about an enema. It's the only thing that helped me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• you can use Fleet glycerine suppositories. They are harmless and will help you go again. also ask doc about otc meds to help. they will not hurt the baby and I took them almost my whole pregnancy.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Gosh girl I had that problem, sometimes I didnt go for two weeks, thats when I took ex-lax pills and if it didn't work I took them again the next day and that should clean you out. My Dr. also told me to take fiber pills everyday, it helped me. I know this sounds crazy but I craved watermelon when I was pregnant and I ate half of a big watermelon at once and it cleaned everything out, sorry I know it's gross but it helps, if you crave watermelon that may help you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Ask your dr if you can be prescribed pre-natals that have stool softner in them. Also with my 1st pregnancy I was told that Colase (sp?) was ok to take
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• You can try yogurts with live cultures to get your digestive track going again. Some stool softeners are safe during pregnancy, but unfortunately the reason that they are safe is that they aren't *always* helpful. There are some yoga stretches you can do that will likely help you stay regular (and flexible) so that might be something to try.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 7:12 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Apples ,Pears,Prunes,Collard greens,Cabbage and walk!
    Caramel824

Answer by Caramel824 at 7:26 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Apple juice. Coffee, first thing in the morning. Tea will also do the trick. Lots of water can help. Stay off the milk products, especially cheese! eat more vegetables and less meat. Its your diet sugar...rethink it some.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• problem is if you eat alot of fiber and don't get enough water it'll constipate you. sweetvalley prunes aren't too bad and the suppositories work well. it works better if you really pay attenetion and get the jump on it when you know you are backing up a little instead of waiting until you are fully stopped up.
    mamakat12

Answer by mamakat12 at 8:14 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Ask if you can take Miralax. it works well. But I don't know if it's safe to take while pregnant. You could ask the pharmacist.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 8:22 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Have you tried drinking some epsom salt water? I helps me when I need to poop. Take about a 1/2 a tsp of epsom salt in a glass of warm water and drink it slowly and it will work.
    homealone_10

Answer by homealone_10 at 8:55 AM on Jun. 9, 2009