Is my family butting in or is it hormones?

My family is all really close and we spend A LOT of time together. Recently everyone in my family is telling me to lighten up on my husband. Now i'll be the first to admit i'm controling but only to a degree. When I first met my husband he smoked pot, had BAD friends, dead end no money job, and no car, and lived with his mom. He told me when we first Started dating that he wanted my help to get out of it. First he quit the smoking, got a truck, and then he got a promotion at work, he got rid of some of his friends (the only way i helped with this was i didn't go with him to see them), and got his own place.Now we're married, have a nice place, 2 cars, he doesn't smoke, were expecting our first child and he has a job with the state, we don't even fight over anything but the remote. He just likes to be with me when he can, my family takes this as i beat him or something.He says he's never been happier. Am I being to sensitive?

Mrshood09

Asked by Mrshood09 at 3:35 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I HATE HOW MUCH WOMEN ARE BEING OVERLY CRITICIZED!! I dont think your being overly sensitive at all! I honestly believe that people who point fingers and critisize are incredibly blind and naive. There are always two sides to every story. too many times people will hear the side that "makes more sense" and take that stand.
    You DESERVE to be treated like a princess. you have every right to set your standards high and ask for that. you have every right to respectfully tell someone to back the f off if you are feeling uncomfortable!
    On other hand, women need to balance emotions and not become too victimized or egoistic. if you hear yourself blaming others, your only doing the same thing they are. You take responsibility for your actions and can choose a higher road. unfortunately you will never ever change certain things about people, but you can choose to express your feelings to them respectfully and set your heart free!
    splawna

Answer by splawna at 4:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• no tell them to butt out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• some men like a pushy take over kind of woman. My oldest dd is like that and her guy loves it. She rules the roost and he's ok with it. If it were not for her they would have nothing. Now they have everything. She even helped him pay off their house in just a few years. So they are sitting pretty right now. As long as you both are happy then it's no one's business

Answer by admckenzie at 3:52 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Who are you married too........him or them??? I have a very close family too, but we don't tell each other how to run our lives.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 8:44 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• I would think that if your husband did not like you being so 'controlling' then he would have spoken up to you and told you so, and that if he did not want to change his lifestyle (pot smoking, friends) no amount of pressure from you could have gotten him to change- he had to WANT to do it. So I think your family needs to mind their own business.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:18 PM on Jun. 9, 2009