Do people actually make new friendships here and stay in close contact with them?

I am a noob. All my friends ditched me after I got married and pregnant, and now Im friendless, jobless, and worst of all I am incredibly bored! I NEED my female bonding back and i have no clue if i can find any "true pals" here or not, but advice, comments, or buddy would be awesome

splawna

Asked by splawna at 4:01 AM on Jun. 9, 2009 in About CafeMom

• absolutly!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:19 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• At cafemom, groups are the best place to make good connections, in my opinion. If you are looking for moms to meet up with in real life, then find a group local to you and hopefully they are active and good about setting up monthly get-togethers. If you're looking for cyber-friends, search for groups with similar interests, such as particular parenting styles, music or bands you're into, film genres you like, kids the same age or gender as yours, etc. You do need to be active and open in your groups to make friends though, and sometimes, it does take some time. Keep posting in groups or in the answers section, and you'll eventually make some good connections. Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:23 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Its possible.. But it takes work.. Try joining groups in your area & going to "meet ups" maybe you will click with some of the moms there. Also there are yahoo groups that meet up as well. or you can go to meet-up.com for playdates as well...
    I tried to make a friend through CM & lets just say im glad it never went out of CM! She was a lil crazy.lol.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• thats exactly how i feel but everytime i try to talk to people in chat rooms or something they just ignore me and ddont ven say anything
    lovemyshawn

Answer by lovemyshawn at 11:18 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Yes I have made an incredible friend on here. We met thru our local group on here. She and I are very close and she will be baptizing my little one here shortly! Thanks CM!
    Jrs_mama

Answer by Jrs_mama at 11:46 AM on Jun. 9, 2009

• Yes You can make friends here. I am always looking for more new friends. I am available to chat anytime. Email: amy_mcconnell@att.net, # 918-306-0512,
    amy7

Answer by amy7 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 9, 2009